Greenhouse with double-glazed windows is relevant not just in areas with cold weather, but also in other suburban zones for prolonging the length of fruit-bearing of greenhouse plants or year-round usage.
The Benefits of these glazing are all undoubted:
- Excellent thermal insulation can protect plants from early frosts.
- Glazing gently diffuses light, illuminating all corners of the room.
- Double glass avoids sunburn on the leaves.
- Tight structure reduces heat loss when heating the greenhouse, and consequently saves electricity.
- masterseptika.ru Packages won’t suffer with strong winds, hail or rain.
- The service lifetime of glazing with proper treatment is over a dozen years.
- The decorative look of glazing makes it possible for you to not conceal the greenhouse from the bathtub, and install it in the front lawn. Some proprietors of initial contour greenhouses make them of the main decoration of the lawn or backyard.
Moreover, manufacturers offer you double-glazed windows with a set of necessary functions, including special coatings for heating and energy conserving protection against mechanical impacts and reduced temperatures, in addition to soundproofing.
Method of auto-ventilation of all greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows may be with special vents for ventilation, that are equipped with apparatus together with the purpose of automatic opening. This is very convenient, because not necessarily the owners have the opportunity to ventilate the greenhouse in time. As an example, the French have been using such greenhouses because the late 16th century to the present day. Rest assured: that a glass greenhouse will be your servant for decades to come.
- Glass doesn’t retain UV rays, which are crucial for quick plant growth and fruit ripening, consequently letting you get the most out of the energy of sunlight.
- Should you use laminated or tempered (thermal) glass, this arrangement could withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the kind of large hail, extreme heat and even powerful frost won’t be a problem with the structure ). In addition, there is a chance to install heating devices in them.
Of course, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, that should be taken into account when building it. For instance, the simple fact that glass is quite heavy material (1 m² of glass 4 mm thick weighs 10 kg, and 6 mm – 15 kg), must affect the existence of a good base, as well as the building of a strong structure – frame.
How to build a greenhouse from glass yourself
On a bright day, the translucent coating of greenhouses lets short-wave solar radiation. It is absorbed by black surfaces (soil, equipment, plants), turns into long-wave radiation and stays within the structure. This transformation happens with the launch of heat, which makes a greenhouse effect inside the greenhouse.
So, glass windows perfectly let the sun’s beams in the area and almost completely keep the rear radiation, not permitting it to venture out. In other words, unlike film, glass has become the most heat-saving substance, which is among the chief attributes of a good greenhouse.